Tuesday 6 December 2011

helpdesk4pc.com SCAM.....I have been ripped off!!!


I received a call couple of days ago from a guy who claimed himself to be from 'Windows Service Centre' and stated that I have problems in my computer. To be honest yes I have been facing troubles with my computer and thus I believed in what he was saying! He said my computer is affected by virus and my PC is going to crash!!! I became worried and asked him what i could do to prevent this, to save my computer from the loss. He asked me to go to a website www.ammyy.com and took access of my computer and showed me the so called 'virus', 'junk files' etc. When I asked how would I clean these up, he asked me to purchase a package of $150, and I did!!!! Silly me! I purchased the package from my paypal account and they downloaded another website something called Team Viewer. And said the technician would work on my PC so I should leave it. Yes, my PC was cleaned up and I am suspicious I have nothing left now!!! They have accessed all my files, folders and God knows what else!! They have got all my credit card details too!! Ah! I have filed a case from my paypal account i.e. charge back and I will not be convinced anyway. I would request you not to be fooled like the way I was being fooled by this company! I wonder if they are calling me from Microsoft then why their domain names are different? Why not @Microsoft.com or something similar? Did you ever look at the paypal mail? I am going to read the mail once again with the details of my purchase, that one includes their original mail ID and I will post it here shortly after I get all the reuired details.

I have another blog where someone mentioned their address:


"Helpdesk4pc is an Indian company. Their original name is Anupam Technologies Pvt. Ltd. and also known byDGPL Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Phone# +91 33 22651204 , FAX : +91 33 22651227 . Address: Poddar Point, 113 Park Street, 5th Floor, Block B, Kolkata 700 016"

No comments:

Post a Comment